CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snowmen, penguins, & more sensory play!

Building a play-doh snowman!
Complete with a real carrot nose!
Sparked by something I saw on Pinterest, we are making a Coffee-Mate creamer bottle penguin!  First she put in all of the cotton balls until it was full! Then we taped on two pieces for a beak, two wings, big webbed feet, & two sticker eyes!
She loved how it opened and closed!
I think it looks great (if not a bit like a sea gull!)!
After seeing ice painting (with colored ice) online, I thought why not try it with plain ice?  I froze water in their popsicle molds so that they'd have a nice handle for "painting" with.  I kept a cup of water nearby for re-wetting the "brush"
Or you could just use your mouth like Carlie did!
This was a great activity for both girls to enjoy!
Do you see what I see?  I kid you not! This is what I found on my 8-month-old's paper when she was finished!
Here is Haddy's "Snoopy and Charlie Brown" creation!
But mostly we just liked licking the ice!
Penguin free-art!
Haddy's penguin free-art!
Oatmeal sensory bin - you can see the damage she did in the seconds it took me to grab the camera and snap this pic!  She LOVES grabbing big handfuls, but we had to stop after her third attempt at eating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment